All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Doing The Birthday Dance


Today is the only time in my life that my age will coincide with my date of birth. Turning 26 on the 26th, I certainly feel no older than I did turning 25. Most importantly however, when I am turning 40 years old I will still feel young at heart. Yes I pay bills, work full-time, and have to deal with the same everday BS that we all do. But inside, I just want to go outside and play!


So that is what I'm going to do! I'll be in my favorite place in the world: Ashe County in the NC Blue Ridge mountains this weekend celebrating and floating down the river (pictured above). Peace!


(ps - My normal saying for my friends on their birthday is: "I hope your parents had as much fun making you as I have knowing you..." but I couldn't really wish that upon myself.)