All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Friday, September 28, 2007

My Badass Quilting Mama

First off, let me state that this post is long overdue. Some of you may have noticed a slightly out of place link on the COI Daily Hits entitled "All Things Quilty". My mother and I both started our blogs around the same time (back in March). I wanted to post this before the NHL regular season started.

My Mom is one hell of a lady. She has been quilting since the late 1970's. She worked as a teacher in Wake County Public Schools for over 30 years (a large chunk of it teaching Learning Disabilities K-2, nonetheless). Now that she is retired - the majority of her time goes into her beautiful quilts and spending time with her grandbabies (my brothers kids! Wuff will remain childless for a few more years!).

Her posts vary from day-to-day between her quilting skills, latest techniques, nature photography, and reports on her grandbabies.


To highlight a few of my favorite posts she has done:

A Tribute To My Artistic Father (defenitly worth checking out - My Grandfather is a retired professional water-color artist)

Quilting Gardeners (yes, she's also got an extremely green thumb)

Love you Momma - Keep up the good work!