All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Friday, September 7, 2007

Informal Practice @ Camp Brind'amour

I spent my lunch break at the RecZone today watching the informal practices. My, how odd Bates Battaglia looks out there in full Leafs practice gear with the Canes! Apparently, his little brother is out there too. Ward-O, Crackers, and I'm thinking Leighton (was that him? ps - I think he'll be the next nickname contest...) were the 3 goaltenders taking turns in net. I arrived to see them in a 4-on-4 scrimmage type.


Yes, Hedican was skating quickly and looked on top of his game. But these sessions are for the most part non-contact. Fra-gee-lay. (two Christmas Story references in two days!)

Damn was it nice to see Matt Cullen out skating with the team. I plan on coming out as often as possible next week to the Rec to see them do the Camp Brindy sessions before they shift to the RBC for official practices.

The Wuff camera will be going with me next week. Hope to have some decent vids or photos to display.