All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Friday, February 20, 2009

BRHC Tournament, Friday

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to the rink in time for the first game, VMI @ Radford. The puck dropped at 2:30pm, and babysitters are hard to come by in the afternoon. I did, however, get a copy of the stat sheet from ECU's General Manager, Brent Falcon. Thanks Brent for being so helpful!

So here's the quick rundown... VMI 6 Radford 1. VMI scored 4 PP goals and Radford was only able to light the lamp (ha ha, since there's no red light here) in the first period with goal by Chip Barnes, assisted by Tom Polkowski. VMI's goals came from Andy Adldoost, assisted by Dave Arthur, Joe Hoerst, unassisted, Drew Miraldi, assisted by Pete Saragnese, Barrett Luxhoj, assisted by Chris Merdillo, Mark Gliebe, assisted by Barrett Luxhoj and Alex Cowdry, and last but not least, Zach Spain, assisted by Joe Hoerst and Dave Arthur.

I did make it to the church on time to catch Richmond @ Loyola. Richmond hung in there and managed to tie the game with 0.9 seconds to spare. Loyola foiled their attempts, though, only 21 seconds into OT. Pictures actually exist, but in my haste to get the hell out of my house, I forgot the cord to download pictures from my camera. So....I'll post them tomorrow.

Quick rundown.... Richmond 4 Loyola 5. Loyola scored the only PP goal in the game, despite 5 attempts. I'll spare folks all the names and details, unless you want them. Drop a hint in the comment box and I'll get to work deciphering the score sheet. I don't think they kept stats on it, but Loyola has some Kamikaze shot blockers! Awesome stuff.

I'm off to get back out rinkside to grab some shots of Salisbury @ Christopher Newport. Its 2-0, Salisbury with 6:50 left in the 2nd, at this exact moment.


Update: CNU put on a clinic shortly after my post and scored 4 unanswered goals.

Final- Salisbury 2 Christopher Newport University 4

The last game of the night was UNCC @ The Citadel. At the end of the first period The Citadel was up 5-2. Not to be a big puss, but I was freakin' cold, so I split. After some coffee in the morning, the promised pictures will be uploaded.