All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Friday, July 31, 2009

Checking out Hurricanes memorabilia for sale on Craigslist

It's still summer. There's still no fresh hockey games on TV to watch. I've read Canes Country already today and I'm up to speed on the hockey happenings. It's slow at work on a lazy Friday afternoon - so what to do? Let's check out what there is for sale on the Raleigh craigslist for sale items under the search term: "Hurricanes".


Among the goods:
"All prices negotiable
Go Canes Go 99.9 The Fan Sign $7
10th Anniversary Carolina Hurricanes Rod Brind'Amour Figurine $20
Carolina Hurricanes Grey Chevy Hat $5
Rod Brind'Amour Player Poster $15"

OK so this dude basically has saved up everything they give out at the front door of the games and is now trying to sell them for ridiculous prices. I got a better idea. How about I take a dump in a box, slap a Canes logo on it and then sell it to you for $20? Can deliver, ship, or you can pick up. All prices negotiable.

Next up:

NC STATE FANS *** BRAND NEW BRIGHT RED SPORTS BALL CAP !!! *** - $5 (N. Raleigh )

"Pictured at the bottom of the page is a brand new, bright red, 100% cotton, one size fits all, Devon & Jones ball cap. I received it as a gift, but have plenty of other caps. It would be a perfect addition to your NC STATE / NCSU or Carolina Hurricanes wardrobe. "
image 1297121420-0
OK, WTF? You actually think someone will be foolish enough to buy this shitty red hat with nothing on it? By including NCSU or the Carolina Hurricanes in your description, you imply that fans of those teams would like this? If someone bought this for me, I think my reaction would be: "I'd rather have a terd in a box with a Canes logo on it.".

Moving on.
"I have some Eric Stahl posters from the 2003 season I believe it was. These were a one time printing. in great condition."
Sweet! Eric Stahl! He's like my favorite player ever! Well worth $100, much less $5!!! What a steal!
Jackass.

"Rare Carolina Hurricanes Snow Globe. Only 2,006 made. Players are Eric Staal, Rod Brind'Amour, and Cam Ward. "
image 1261160984-0
Actually, this is pretty freakin sweet. Somebody buy this for me, please.

Is it October yet?