All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Leave it to BoJangles baby & Summer update

Great news out of the OHL draft as Enloe High School student Matt Gellatly was drafted by the Saginaw Spirit. My favorite part of this nice little interview? His pre-game meal is "BoJangles fried chicken". Same here, even though my "pre-game" meal normally isn't preceeding a physically gruelling athletic event. It also tends to be my "morning after" meal when I need a little grease in the tank. Paint me the picture of good health.


Good luck, Matt.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was back in the friendly confines of the RBC Center last night, unfortunately not to see the Canes in a May game -- but nonetheless it was still nice to be in there. The geriatric Van Halen boys rocked the house as much as possible. This thing that flies around before they take the stage is awesome. But the sound is so bad in there acoustic-wise, it's hard to hear anything at all.

The scoreboard was retracted up into the rafters. I was hoping that it had been taken down completely for the inevitable upgrade, but it is certainly not in the budget for the upcoming season (so I hear).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that the RBC Center staff was paying attention to were my cries for an updated RBCCenter.com and they delivered. w00t!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be posting as often as possible with any kind of updates this summer, whether it be hockey related, concerts, etc... keep yourselves entertained with my Mom's wonderful blog, All Things Quilty.