All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stanley Cup Finals can't start soon enough

I will certainly make the most of seeing the final 4 to 7 games that are left of the NHL season, as it has been brutal going almost a week without any hockey to watch.

It seems throughout every round of the playoffs, most bloggers offered up their picks on who would win each series. I didn't bother with any of these, because if I use my previous history in picking things like the NCAA Tournament bracket, I'd just embarrass myself.

I have read quite a few good reviews and predictions though.

My favorite so far for the Pens / Wings series that begins Saturday was Dave Lozo's of Why Don't We Get Drunk & Blog, which included the obligatory Sudden Death clip with Iceburgh the Pens mascot.





Talk about your mid-90's flashback!

But I'll happily pull for the Pens in this one. Go Jordan Staal. (and hello to the stalker fan who has searched this blog over 600 times for "Jordan Staal", here you go. At least you're loyally consistent.)