- Cory Stillman, scoring a natural hat trick in the 1st period against the Craps last night, made it look all too easy against a deflated Washington D. Let's just say that he "crashed" the 1st period for DC.
OldieOlie The Goalie to his team, "Hey, uh, guys? Ya'll there? They might as well be shooting 5 pucks at the same time! Hello?" - as he was hung out to dry.
- Chad LaRose got ROBBED in the 2nd period on a no-call, diving scoring attempt.
- Brent Johnson made some naaaaasty saves in the 3rd despite allowing one from "It's Staal Good".
- Frantastik Kaberle did not bring his "A-game" tonight as he let several point passes go witlessly adrift.
- The Matt Bradley vs. Tim Gleason fight was over before it began, as Timmaay absolutely crushed Bradley behind the Carolina net on a check before the spat.
- The David Tanabe penalty was garbage (as was his play for the most part last night). He was called for holding when in fact it appeared he was being held.
- Cam Ward gets a rare shutout win that he deserves. He was tested with a couple of quality Craps scoring chances early on that could have changed the pace of this game dramatically if he let them through.
- Hurricanes go from last weeks record against the Southeast Division of 0-2 to 2-2 during this all imporant stretch against these