All Things Hockey In The Carolinas

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

NHR: The Avett Brothers are coming home


If you look at my blogger profile, you'll see 30 or so of the hundreds of musicians that I dig. I've seen a countless number of concerts in my young life and The Avett Brothers are by far my favorite live show experience.

I can't tell you how proud I am of these guys who recently were signed by the Columbia Records group, American Records. The band has been touring non-stop throughout the country and remains one of the hardest working groups in the business. Their new EP, The Second Gleam was released today and it is outstanding as usual.

As of Tuesday night, the show still wasn't sold out for this Saturday the 26th at the Koka Booth Amphitheater in Cary. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday than to see my favorite band back in their home state at such an awesome venue (which just happens to be right down the street from the homestead).

Here's "Late in Life" and "Distraction #74" from a show in Tampa last December: